Tuesday, September 11, 2007


I saw a lot of college ball this weekend, because of the road trip (I'll get to that). Here's some bullshit about some of it:

(9) Louisville 58- Middle Tennessee State 42
Take the over this week for Louisville/ Kentucky. Louisville put up video game numbers- 400 yard QB, 3 100 yard receivers, a 275 yard RB. Ridiculous. And the Andre Woodson/ Keenan Burton show for Kentucky is the real deal. Recognize

(14) Nebraska 20- Wake Forest 17
I actually lost money on this game. I bet NU to cover (line was 7), but when we were watching the game, I was totally pulling for Wake to win. Fuck Nebraska, as El Jefe says. They won, but Sam Keller looked god awful. He wasn't just missing receivers, he was missing entire zones.

(3) Oklahoma 51- Miami (FL) 13
This game cracked us up. We switched off early, because it was kind of boring watching Malcolm Kelly shred the Miami secondary (seriously, Kenny Phillips- you're the best defensive back in the country. Show some dignity), but every time we saw the score update, we would just laugh and laugh. This is good for the Big XII.

(21) Boston College 37- NC State 17
I didn't watch much of this game, but I did bet heavily on it. The line was 14. Boston College looked great in week one, NC State looked like hell. NC State is coached by the guy who quit on Boston College and their players. BC was coming in angry. 14 points? That's it? Anyway- thanks for the dough, Catholics.

(19) Oregon 39- Michigan 7
Dennis Dixon was incredible. I watched the entire game, and I don't know what else to say. He was Vince Young-like for this game. Games like this, with players like that, are why I like college more than the NFL. It sure does suck to be my buddy Zim, though. He was in Ann Arbor for the game, and is a UM alum.

Brazil 4- USA 2
It's not a huge secret that I love soccer. In the hierarchy, I would've gone to the USA/ Brazil match instead of the Broncos/ Bills match if those were the options. As is, I taped both, and I loved the way the US played. Goal-wise, we had an own goal, and a dumb penalty kick. Subtract that, and the US is beyond competitive. Deuce Dempsey is the best American player I've ever seen. Bradley played well, and Cherundulo played his best international game ever. Clint Dempsey is the guy to whom to hitch the wagon- he will lead us to victory. Period. We still struggled in the midfield (especially Convey, Beasley, and Donovan), but we proved that we can play with anyone on the feet of Dempsey, Howard, Cherundulo, and Bradley. What a great game.

Arizona State 33- Colorado 14
...sigh... we'll get to that.... Jesus that fucking state is hot.
----------------
Now playing: Audio Bullys Feat. Suggs - This Road
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

@slushygutter said...

Hot? Brah I saw the Devil fanning himslef on the street... it was beyond hot! Us mountain folk aren't menat for that heat; heck humans aren't meant for that.

Sorry we couldnt meet up, maybe next time brah.