Tuesday, September 11, 2007

This Is For CJ, Specifically

I started out with this as a comment, but it's really long. Go check the game comments for CJ's very intelligent thoughts. CJ might warrant a posting invite on this here blog.

I didn't mean I would rather have Whitner than Cutler. Not at all (I realized, even at the time, how it might look. sorry). Whitner was expected to drop down to our area at 15, whereas Cutler was projected in the top 10. I was just trying to point out that I really liked Whitner- I like to toot my own horn.

I'm the first guy to try and temper expectations with Cutler- I hate when I read people comparing him to Elway, or even Favre. I want Cutler to be Cutler. Believe this- I like Cutler. A lot. He scares the shit out of me, but so did Plummer, and I liked him too. Same with Elway. The "I wish he was someone else's QB" comment wasn't meat as a jab at Jay. Rather, it was a comment on how he plays. Give me a gunslinger over a Brian Griese-type any day. I absolutely despised Griese, even when he went to the Pro Bowl. It was just a mention of the maddening nature of the playmaker QB's.

Now that I think of it- you're right on Nalen's snaps, but he fucking OWNED Poz.

To be honest- I almost scrapped the format for this week, because there were so many hit or misses. Cutler had big numbers and a great last drive- Elway-esque- even, but he made some cringe worthy plays as well. Walker had a bunch of yards, but dropped four passes. Marshall and Stokley made their plays to be sure, but I don't think they were really exceptional. To paraphrase Dennis Green- They were what I thought they were. DJ was okay, not Wilson level, but better than in the preseason. I'm trying to keep the game write ups short- check the sidebar for in depth. They do it better.

Like I said- I'm not laying off Kyle Johnson until I see someone outperform him. I'll try to give you a heads up so you know what to skip.
----------------
Now playing: Kanye West f/Lil Wayne - Barry Bonds
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, a whole entry devoted to my response. nice! thanks for clearing those things up though. i really do enjoy reading your blogs. keep up the good work!