Monday, October 08, 2007


With CU's 43-23 win over the Baylor Bears, we just doubled up on our win total from last year. We're alone atop the Big XII North with a 2-0 conference record, and I'm starting to scout bowl locations. Good- Tempe, San Diego. Bad- um, pretty much everywhere else. Seriously, I'm not going to the Sun Bowl or the Texas Bowl.

Because I'm a huge nerd, I listened to the internet radio feed, and I can honestly say that we should have won by more. We should have put up 60, easy. And there are few more satisfying feelings than putting up 40+ points and knowing that you played a pretty mediocre game. Te running game is finally clicking, HawkSpawn is managing the game, the receivers are catching the ball, and the defense (despite the stats) is dominating. I believe that the difference between elite level programs and the have nots isn't in the playmakers, or even in the QB. The difference is in the ability to bring in the big fatsos, and also depth. The depth issue, we're working on, but the fatsos are good. The offensive line is starting to click, and Hypolite/ Nicolas/ Perri is as good a tackle rotation you'll find outside of Baton Rouge.

That's all I've got- great, satisfying win against one of the many teams that beat us last year (and the year before- sigh).

UP NEXT:
Most importantly, Kansas State owns the worst promotional The Kansas State Shitty Mascots. The Kansas State strengths are easy to point out- one is approximately 9 feet tall and weighs the same as a Buick. He plays quarterback. The other one catches passes from the Buick and has th name of a twelve year old girl. The end. Freeman isn't the most mobile Qb in the game- think Leftwich with a peg leg, so ou defense should locateand attack. On the other side, I really like the T-Wheat/ Jordy Nelson match up. KSU will move him aroundan get him the ball, but Wheatley should severely limit the deep threat. On the flippity flop, KSU represents the first 3-4 defense we've faced, so it'll be interesting to see how our young offensive line and freshman QB can handle it. If they can hang- CU will win. Ta Da!video in the history of the world:


First, I'd like you to note that Kansas State can't afford an entire mascot costume- they just have the head. Second, you have idiot half mascot playing the worst air guitar ever, and then something called a power towel. Now, when I was in high school, I had a power towel too. That's what I called my throw rag. I'm pretty sure an entire stadium full of them would intimidate me, too.
----------------
Now playing: NYG'z - What Kinda Life
via FoxyTunes

No comments: