Sunday, July 01, 2007



As usual, I'm late the party, but here goes anyway:

I've already anointed Commish CH from Slushy Gutter Summer as the Greatest Hero of All for his goal to drink 5280 beers between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Well if he's number one, then JT from Colorado Homers is number two, but not like in the dookie sense. In the hero sense.

JT is organizing John Elway Day this coming Saturday, 7/7/07. Get it? If not, then you're not fit to celebrate John Elway Day. Or read this blog. Or wear shoes that don't involve velcro.

You can read all about it at the link up there. Not only is JT organizing John Elway Day, but apparently I once moved into his old apartment in Boulder and inherited his roommate's Playboy subscription, so he's given me two gifts- the gift of Elway Day and the gift of naked ladies, so I should probably award him the Nobel Prize in Gifts. I wish I cared about something enough to organize a holiday or a summer of organized drinking. If I were to award me a Nobel Prize, it would have to be the Nobel Prize of Resting Quietly.

Also of note, John Elway's Colorado Crush will be playing the San Jose Somethings on John Elway Day. After doing some research, I've determined that "Colorado Crush" are an Arena League football team, which, based on the 5 minutes I've spent watching Arena Football in my life, is a sport for people who are too stupid to understand the subtle nuance of Smear The Queer*. Whatever- root for this Colorado Crush thing, with all the players they have, or go eat an extremely average steak at Elway's restaurant, or buy a used Honda Civic from one of his old dealerships, or go cheat on your wife as an homage to John, or do shots of whiskey with me in honor of the time I did shots of whiskey with John. But celebrate John Elway Day!

*note: in hindsight, is there a more horrible name for a supposedly innocent childhood game? Nope, not until someone invents a sport like Kick The Can, but called "Eradicate The Pending Jew Takeover Threat" or something .

No comments: