Wednesday, September 05, 2007



This is a rehash of an old article, but this guy thinks that Ralphie is the number one mascot in the land. The list seems a little flawed, but he got it right at the top. Ralphie is about the only thing that makes us look like a major college football program. Most mascots don't do anything. Take Bevo, for example. That thing just stands around looking uninterested and waits to get eaten. Ralphie might be the greatest thing about the university, period. To hell with those astronauts and Nobel prize winners.

Also, make sure you scroll down to number 20, where Syracuse has perhaps the most frightening mascot I've ever seen. It looks like a smiling tumor. That's what a Greg Robinson coached team deserves, so it works.

Props to LSU for having a mascot that can kill you, big boo to Florida and Wisconsin for getting rid of their live mascots. I can't think of anything scarier than a college student in charge of a rabid badger in a building full of screaming drunks. That sounds like a match made in heaven!

Another thing the article gets right- leaving out that giant inflatable redneck Nebraska guy. Fuck that guy.

In other Colorado news, this guy thinks the Buffs are a top 25 team. I'm not sure I agree, at least until we prove we can stop the mighty Caleb Hanie, but he's funny about it, so fuck it. Funny is always better than accurate. For the premature ejaculators among you, you might be interested to know that this guy says that 2 other guys think we're going bowling. I predicted an Insight Bowl (note- it's not Insight.com Bowl any more, Ringo) bid before the season, so I agree with one of those guys. An Insight Bowl bid means I go back to Tempe for New Year's Eve. A Texas Bowl bid means I watch from home, because I've vowed never to set foot in Texas again as long as I live.

No comments: