Sunday, April 29, 2007



Man, I hope I can find a picture of Ryan Harris beating the shit out of Troy Smith as well. That'd be pretty cool. One thing I like about Crowder (as well as Jarvis Moss, Marcus Thomas, and Ryan Harris) is that he comes from a big time program. Moss and Crowder both have National championship rings, Thomas would have one if he could stay out of Ricky Williams's basement, and Harris played for the highest profile program in the country. the are guys who know about big time pressure.

Crowder is a long time starter and extremely solid end who will play left end over the tight end. His responsibilities will be to stay strong against the run and get pressure without the proverbial "pinning the ears back." He's at the spot where he'll have more responsibilities against tight ends and running backs on screens. He's a very very "solid" player. I still liked Abiamiri more, but Crowder should be a long term improvement at that spot. Whether he can be a short term improvement remains to be seen. I kind of doubt it, and I don't project more than 5 sacks from him.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

The D-Line has undoubtedly gotten better...I am just sickened we have no chance at John Wendling...not believing in our Safety Corps can do that to you.