Monday, April 30, 2007


I really wanted to post a picture here of a giant pot leaf or a guy smoking a big giant spliff or a Cheech and Chong movie poster with Marcus Thomas's head photoshopped over Cheech (not Chong), but I realized that I don't know how to use photoshop, and, more importantly, I really want to believe Marcus Thomas has learned from his mistakes in the way that Maurice Clarett obviously never did. I found this link here, which is a letter he wrote apologizing for his actions, and he's certainly said all the right things. So after that, I was gonna find a nice action shot, but he never sacked Troy Smith, so that's no fun. Instead, I settled for the picture on the right, which is Marcus Thomas in action and obviously very high, because he's staring longingly into the crowd at some kid's nachos or cotton candy or Dippin' Dots or something and rubbing his belly. Yes Marcus, I too like Dippin' Dots when I'm high.

Overall, I like the risk, because Thomas is a guy who was a consensus top 10 pick before he got all funkdoobiest, and Denver's defensive tackles include Demetrin Veal and Antwon Burton. Demetrin is about as tough as his surname, and I don't even know who Antwon Burton is, so Thomas might be able to come into the rotation with McKinley and Gerard Warren right away. Besides, combining Warren (left), McKinley (right), and Thomas (the other one), obviously gives the Broncos the potential for the beardiest defensive tackle rotation in the league.


Depending on which scouting report you believe, Thomas is either really good at using his hands, or not at all good at using his hands, so there you go. I believe he is good with his hands because I like imagining big fatso slap fights. Overall, I thought that Denver needed a pass rush presence from the interior line even more than from the edges, and Thomas should provide that.

1 comment:

KyMo said...

Antwon Burton looks a lot like this street figter named Kimbo out of Miami. Hes got bunches of videos on youtube.