Saturday, April 28, 2007

Draft Diary


all times are Pacific. Because I live in Los Angeles.

12:23- YAY! Mason Crosby. And the first CU guy goes off the board. How sad that it's a 6th round kicker.

9:49- Mayock and Schefter just got done shredding the Broncos for their pick. Schefter was on aboutThomas, Mayock about trading up for Moss and picking Ryan Harria little bit. Mayock sai he called around and there's no way Moss was going before 21.

Sunday, 9:22 AM- The Broncos have traded into the 4th round for Marcus Thomas. I mentioned him in my defensive line preview, and I'll write him up in full later. A while ago, I did a mock draft where I took all Florida players, which doesn't look that out of the question after examining the way the second and third rounds went. Of course, the networks don't care because something something Randy Moss combined with something something Bill Belichick Tom Brady. Eff Randy Moss. Eff the Patriots. Talk about THE DRAFT.

5:43- Tim Crowder, Charles Johnson,and Vctor Abiamiri are stil available with Denver on the clock. Now I'm doubly pissed they passed on Nelson. Oh, and there's Crowder.

3:59- so now Eric Weddle's a Charger. Not only do I have to watch Reggie Nelson against Denver next year, I have to watch Weddle twice a year for the forseeable future.

3:35- something's amiss. Bill Belichick has just been shown on ESPN and NFL Net about 2 minutes apart wearing completely different clothes.

3:23- There sees to be a lot of vitriol around the internet, regarding th Brady Quinn trade. I don't get it. The Browns said that they had Joe Thomas ranked higher, so they picked him. No probem. But say Thomas is taken by Detroit. I assume the Browns take Quinn. So the Browns just got a guy that they would've picked 3rd overall. Chances are they won't have the 3rd overall pick next year. Assume they get something like 9. Would they trade 9 and a 2nd rounder for the number 3 overall? Seems legitimate to me.

3:03- So the first round's almost over, and I'm up from my mini nap. I have a feeling Dwayne Jarrett makes a bunch of teams look mighty foolish. LSU had a first roud QB, and 2 first round WR's. I don't see it. Shouldn't they have put up some Colt Brennan numbers? Or is it just the fault of Les Miles?

1:18- Wow. The Browns come away with local boy Brady Quinn and a franchise left tackle. That' what you call a successful first day.

1:04- of fucking course. Denver trades up to take Moss, and the guy I adore is picked in Denv's original spot. I blame this on Ted Sundquist.

12:30- Shows what I know, huh? I think I've made my feelings about Moss known. I wouldliketo note, however, that after the third, Dever doesn't have another pick until the 7th. I guess that's fewer picks to fuck up, at least.

10:51- a bunch of other shit has happened. This is getting boring., an I've gotcompany coming over. Make a trade, now, dammit. ooh, - Teddy Ginn to the Dolphins. That was a little surprising.

10:04- Gaines Adams to Tampa, Levi Brown to Arizona. Brown would've ben a huge surprise, if Schefter wa
sn't so good.

9:40- Joe Thomas to the Browns. Scoop is kind of ruining the suspense with his awesomeness.

9:32- Nemesis Enforcer to the Lions. Someone needs to do something wacky. I'm looking in your direction, Dan Snyder.

9:20- and the Raiders take JaMarcus the Hut. That was anticlimactic.

9:08- NFL Network just showed "highlights" from Raiders QB's. The one touchdown pass was against the Broncos. The rest of it was a bunch of fumbles and sacks and INT's.

8:55-
Jesus Christ, has Frank Beamer always looked like a half-melted marshmallow?

8:42- Somone in the draft audience was wearing a Greg Biekert jersey. That's pretty awesome.

8:07- So far the ideas of moving the draft around the country and bringing back helmet phones have been introduced. Obviously, the NFL reads my blog.

7:58- NFL Network is already getting annoying, since all of their commercials are for NFL properties. Over/under on United Way commercials is set at 43,000.


7:52- I kind of thought Joe Thomas was a dumbass for eschewing the draft in favor of fishing. Mostly because fishing is stupid. Now, with NFL Net having a camera on Joe's stupid boat, I think he's a liar and an asshole. If you want to below key about the draft, so be it, but you can't be low key with a big TV camera focused on you.

7:49- Woo hoo! It's the best holiday of the year. I've got my pizza rolls and my icy cold Coors Light. NFL Network> ESPN, because NFL Net has Scoop Schefter.

1 comment:

@slushygutter said...

Belichick probably snuck off to his office with an assistant's wife and came back in new clothes.

Also, was I the only one who noticed Trent Edwards' monkey candle?