Monday, August 27, 2007

I don't really have an appropriate picture, so revel in Bobby Humphrey's high top fade. Andrew Mason today dropped a dime on the likely candidates for first cuts:

Running back Cedric Cobbs, fullback Troy Fleming, tight end Teyo Johnson, wide
receiver David Kircus, defensive end Kenard Lang, kicker Brandon Pace, wide
receiver David Terrell and defensive tackle Demetrin Veal were also not on the
field. Shanahan declined to comment regarding the players not on the field. “We
don’t talk about that today. There’s a number of players that didn’t work out
today,” he said. “We’ll announce that (Tuesday).”

I think those guys are all gone. Lang surprised me a little, but he hasn't made any plays in the games (3 total tackles). Veal has one tackle. The rest of those guys are pretty obvious. I mentioned Kircus before, and the remainder just haven't played. More updates as they roll in. I'm just going to keep updating this post. From around the league:

  • Holcomb traded to Vikings. Remember my game write up, where I said a successful QB combo would have a kid and a veteran mentor who knew his role? This=that.
  • Kevan Barlow among Steelers cuts. He seems like an interesting option as a backup, but he's a notorious locker room cancer and a whiny bitch when he doesn't get the ball.
  • Asante Samuel decides he likes money. He'll make his entire 2006 salary every single week, and probably continue to bitch about not getting respect.
  • Tim Dwight cut by Jets. All the barbed-wire tattoo having guidos down at the shore have lost another hero. First Wayne Chrebet, now this. where will the bloodshed end?
a bunch of other guys got cut, but the biggest name was Jermaine Wiggins, eliciting a mighty "meh" all throughout the land.
UPDATE: For now at least, Troy Smith gets the nod over Drew Olsen for the illustrious position of backing up Kyle Boller and being "mentored" by Rick Neuheisel. Rick Neuheisel can go screw.
UPDATE II: In my haste to make a guido joke, I neglected to mention that the Jets also cut a receiver named Juan Wong. I have no idea who Juan Wong is, but if I was a racist, I might suggest that a an entire factory full of half Mexican/ half Chinese people would be an american industrialist's wet dream. Wait, who is that racist towards?

----------------
Now playing: The Cinematics - Keep Forgetting
via FoxyTunes

No comments: